Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 has come to an end and the telecom world is still buzzing from a whirlwind week. After an action-packed four days at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain, the CENX team would like to share their insights with you.
Describe CENX’s presence at the event.
- Engaging, active, energized!
- We hosted service providers and partners, listened to their challenges and demonstrated our Service Orchestration solutions in our custom-built hospitality suite located in Hall 2.
- The quality of customer meetings, engagement and committed follow-up were telling signs that our Service Orchestration solutions hit-the-mark with our customers’ and partners’ needs.
What were the biggest trends at MWC?
- Big Data, SDN and NFV.
- Recognition that as bandwidth and volume scales, operational challenges need to be addressed.
- Internet of Things, devices, and wearables all drive the continued explosion of bandwidth and requirements for application-aware networking
- The need for service providers to be ‘agile.’
What stood out at MWC?
- This was the first time I noticed auto manufacturers at MWC (Ford and GM).
- The increasing number of exhibitors that would traditionally not have been at these kinds of events (M2M, mobile apps…).
What was your favorite part of MWC?
- Demoing our product to service providers, partners, the media and analysts.
- The excitement, engagement, collaboration and resonance that we experienced in our customers and partner meetings.
- Great collaboration and engagement across the CENX team.
Which booth was your favorite?
- The Ericsson booth got the most votes from the CENX team: The Ericsson "city" was impressive. It's hard to ignore the sheer scale of the Ericsson hall which had 131 separate demo stands – amazing!
What’s your main takeaway from MWC?
- Continued acceleration in the pace of change from mobile networking - from devices to applications to networking technology.
- Great fit between where we are and what matters to our customers and partners!
- Continued increase in attendees – 85,000 this year (20% up on last year) which suggests people are hungry for information/help.
- Resonance of our value exchange across all customers was very exciting.
Do you have any tips for people attending MWC 2015?
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Pack a “MWC Survival Kit”. Make sure this includes Tylenol, Halls and Kleenex.
- Be sure to schedule time with CENX!
Click here for more information on Mobile World Congress.
This blog post includes contributions from CENX’s MWC attendees, including:
- Ed Ogonek, President and CEO
- Nan Chen, Executive Vice Chairman
- Jay McMullan, Senior Vice-President, Worldwide Sales
- Julian Welch, Vice-President, EMEA
- Paul McCluskey, Director of Business Development
- Robert Casey, Director of Product Management
- Chris Purdy, CTO
- Aneil Chopra, Senior Sales Engineer
- Erica Watts, Marketing Manager